The PENN International VI series is designed and manufactured in the USA of domestic and imported components. Precision machined from high-strength, lightweight, aircraft grade aluminum in our Philadelphia machining center. Our experienced crew has been designing and producing durable, high-quality reels in this facility since 1932. The VI consists of a large stainless steel gear train for strength and speed, and a Dura-Drag system which results in a smoother start up and virtually eliminates hesitation, even under extreme drag settings.
- Machined and anodized aluminum body and sideplates
- Stainless steel main and pinion gears
- Quick-Shift II 2-speed system on two speed models
- Sealed Dura-Drag system
- Versa-Strike adjustable strike stop
- Double-dog ratchet anti-reverse
- Line capacity rings